April 1, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

This past week I turned 25! A quarter of a century old. Awesome, I know. James started the day out nice and early by waking up at 6, (as I recall this happened on my last birthday as well, I hope he doesn't make it a tradition) however he didn't get up till 7 and then Aaron let me catch a little more sleep until Madeline woke up. We kept it pretty low key for most of the day just doing the normal stuff.

That evening Aaron made my birthday cake (Yes, Aaron made it!), then we went out to Sushi Ya for dinner. I'm not a huge fan of just sushi however, I am in LOVE with some of their tempura rolls. Pretty much amazing! After dinner we headed back home for some cake and ice cream with friends. It really turned out to be a great day and I am lucky to have a great husband who makes sure I am having fun. For my birthday gift, Aaron found me the perfect double stroller. I truly mean perfect. I have been stalling on buying one because I really couldn't decide what I wanted. Jogging strollers are easier to push, kids are in easy reach, but they are big don't fit through all doors and most importantly won't fit in our car. Tandem strollers have horrible wheels, are very long, the front child is forever away, and most people sale them to get a jogger. On the plus side they are narrow and they would fit in our car.
Now welcome the Phil and Ted it is a tandem, BUT it has pneumatic tires, rides like a jogger but is the size of a single stroller, fits in our car, can be a single or double stroller, has an adjustable handle (so Aaron will actually want to push it) and is pretty much amazing. We found one on KSL here in Logan on Monday so I got my present a little early but it was worth it (It is basically brand new but we didn't have to pay brand new price). We took it out for a walk this afternoon and I don't think Aaron even let me push it. He is almost more in love with it than I am, but I won't complain if he wants to do the pushing. So without further ado, here is our latest addition to the family.
Aaron and James enjoying the wonderful afternoon at the park, I'm not sure who is watching after who.
Madeline seems to enjoy her place in the back, I hope it stays that way.

2 comments:

Kami said...

I love the stroller! Happy birthday! :)

Michelle said...

HOLY SMOKES!!!! I didn't even know they made strollers like that! Awesome, tell Aaron he did a great job and I'm glad you had a good birthday.